Type of Funding
Sports Development Grants are available in the following categories:
- Development grants to help meet the initial costs of establishing a new club/section or to expand your club's sporting programme.
- Coach/Official Education Grants to assist with education/training course fees.
- Sports Facilities Grants to help improve or retain your facilities.
- Talent Support Fund to recognise individual talented sports performers in Charnwood and encourage them to develop their full potential.
Who May Apply?
- Properly constituted organisations (sample available).
- Organisations must be voluntary and not constituted for profit.
- Organisations must have a membership system which is open to all.
- Qualifying individuals living in the borough.
What Are the Funding Limits?
Grants have been issued in the past ranging from £50 - £1,500.
Application Deadlines and Decision Dates
The table below shows the application deadlines and decision dates for this grant scheme. Meetings of the Charnwood Grants Panel take place quarterly. Applications are normally needed one month prior to Grants Panel meetings, but certain categories of grant also have specific requirements. We usually advise applicants of the outcome of their application within ten working days of the decision date.
Decision date (Grants panel)
Monday 27 April 2015
Tuesday 19 May 2015
Monday 20 July 2015
Thursday 20 August 2015
Monday 28 September 2015
Tuesday 27 October 2015
Wednesday 20 January 2016
Tuesday 9 February 2016
For further information on how to obtain a grant, including the grant requirements, guidance and application forms, please visit https://www.charnwood.gov.uk/pages/sportsandleisuregrants
For technical information about making an application contact:
Andrew Doodson - Senior Sports Development Officer
Tel: 01509 634592
For any information about the progress of a Grant contact Grants Administration