The Active Charnwood Alliance is a network of sport & physical activity partners who work collaboratively to advocate and develop inclusive sport and active recreation opportunities for all within the Borough of Charnwood.
The current membership is representative of the following organisations.
- Charnwood Borough Council
- North & South Charnwood School Sport and Physical Activity Network
- Loughborough University
- Loughborough College
- Community Sports Clubs
- Leicestershire and Rutland Sport Active Partnership
- Leicestershire and Rutland Community Public Health -NHS
- Fusion Lifestyle
Services we offer
- The Active Charnwood Alliance and Charnwood Borough Council annually deliver the sport & physical activity commissioning plan, working with Leicestershire Public Health, Leicestershire and Rutland Active Partnership and the North & South Charnwood School Sport and Physical Activity Network to provide a coordinated offer of health & wellbeing, sport & physical activity programmes and interventions.
- Provide advice and guidance for sport clubs, community groups, coaches, and volunteers, and work with Charnwood Community Voluntary Officers to promote Charnwood community development grants.
- Work with local partners to organise co-ordinated offer of sport and physical activities opportunities throughout the Borough during schools' holidays.
- Organise annual sports and physical activity recognition awards.
- Support and recruit local Sport and Active Recreation volunteers.
- Support the training and development of sport and physical activity coaches, and instructors.
The Active Charnwood Alliance is made up of a main strategic board, consisting of three sub-groups;
- Children and young people
- Club, coach and volunteers
- Active recreation
If you or your organisation/club would like to join one of the sub groups of the Active Charnwood Alliance please contact Andrew Doodson on 01509 634592 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.