Business, Organisation and Club support
These pages provide information and resources for business/financial support for your club, organisation or business that may be suitable for you in Charnwood.
The information is specific to coping with the impact of Covid-19 and is for essential support at this time.
On Monday 23rd November the Government released the Winter Plan for managing coronavirus - find out what this means for sport and exercise.
The summary of the governments plan can be found here
Sport England Funds
Sport England are making up to £195 million of funding available to help the sport and physical activity sector through the ongoing coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis.
The package, which is a combination of National Lottery and government funding, is made up of the following:
- A £20 million Community Emergency Fund, which will be opened immediately for clubs and community organisations to bid into. Grants between £300 and £10,000 are available
- A £5 million pot for existing partners to bid into if they're facing specific financial difficulty
- An additional £55 million to support our sector during an ongoing period of restrictions, to fund new and innovative ways to keep people active and, when the period of restrictions is over, to help organisations get back to business and adjust to a different environment
- A £115 million rollover of current funding into 2021/22 to give long term certainty to over 100 well established partners who play a vital role in the delivery of sport and physical activity in England.
- Community Leisure Recovery Fund of£5 to help community-run leisure centres and facilities reopen by supporting the difference between income and expenditure for the period of 1 April-30 September 2021. Applications are invited for awards of up to £50,000 between now and noon on 29th April.
- contains a range of facilities typically found within a leisure centre (although a stand-alone swimming pool will be acceptable) and
- provides a range of the activity areas typically included within such facilities
- Whilst local authorities, town and parish councils, and leisure operators are unable to apply, there may be community organisations/bodies within your authorities who provide access to leisure centres. For the purpose of this fund, a facility is eligible if it:
For some guidance on what can be applied for please take a look at the document below which relates to the Sport England funding.
Return to Play Fund
Sport England recently launched 3 Return to Play funding streams to help people safely return to play and are targeting the places they'll have the biggest impact.
The Return to Play Small Grants fund to review the impact of the lockdown restrictions that all of England are now under, Sport England have made three changes to the fund criteria to ensure they better help clubs and organisations.
The fund is now made up of three parts:
Return to Play: Small Grants
Return to Play: Community Asset Fund
Return to Play: Active Together
For more information, guidance and support or to find the right fund for you, take a look at Sport England Return to Play Fund below.
Local and National Government support
For business support from local and national government.
For a list of other funding options available please see the Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport funding support pages