HEALTHY AT HOME PROGRAMME
Due to COVID-19 our Summer Holiday Activity Programme will look different for Summer 2020, it will be replaced with a virtual programme; Charnwoods Healthy at Home Programme.
The timetable will run from Monday 13th July to Friday 21st August 2020.
We have put together some exciting activities and ideas with some of your favourite providers so that you can still take part and enjoy in the comfort of your own home, garden or local area.
Some activities are available all throughout the Summer Programme. Click on the each activity for further information.
Most of the activities will be free but there may be a small charge for some of the sessions offered by external providers, take a look at the coloured key on the timetable below.
Thank You to our providers involved; LRS, Leicester City Football Club, Tayplay, Blue Wave, Bhangra Fusion, Leicestershire County Cricket Club, b-buddies, The Creation Station, GSM Tennis Coaching and Shelthorpe Golf Academy.
Charnwoods Healthy at Home Programme
MARTIAL ARTS WITH BLUE WAVE
- Martial Arts Beginners Course
- A specially created video course to bring 7yrs+ and adults only beginners to 9th kup (yellow tag).
- SUMMER SPECIAL PRICE £75.00 Usual cost - £127.00
HiFIVE CHALLENGES WITH LEICESTERSHIRE-RUTLAND SPORT
- A range of different challenges to try. 10 minute activities- try and better your score!
LOVE FAMILY FIT WITH TAYPLAY
- An online YouTube video, enjoy this workout as a family or individually. Suitable for the whole family.
- Fancy getting creative in your own home with the help of the lovely Judith from the popular Creation Station. These are fabulous creative sessions where the whole family can get involved.
- Online sessions
BIKE ACTIVITIES WITH B-BUDDIES
- Through Private Lessons b-buddies can cover a wide range of needs for all ages and abilities, whether it is learning to ride, gain confidence and new skills, some Bikeability Training, mountain biking or commuter training, we cover it all.
GOLF WITH MATT WHELBAND
- With Social distancing and safety measures in place you can now enjoy this sport with friends and family.
- Contact Matt Whelband for further details and information.
DANCE WITH BHANGRA FUSION
- More information COMING SOON!
TENNIS AT PARK ROAD COURTS, LOUGHBOROUGH
- Tennis Session at Park Road Courts, Loughborough.
- Park Road Sports Ground has 6 public tennis facility
- Contact Matt Wilford to get more information about tennis, coaching and support.
We would love to hear from you if you have taken part in any of our holiday activity programmes. Or if you have any comments about this programme please follow the link below to complete the short survey.
If you experience any problems or would like more information about our holiday activities programme, please contact Jen Mackenzie during the Summer on:
- Email: email@example.com
After the Summer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Legal Bit
You're performing the exercises linked from our website at your own risk.
Whilst every effort has been made to verify the information on the Charnwood Sport & Active Recreation Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages, Charnwood Borough Council is not responsible for the accuracy or content of external websites. Whilst taking part in physical activity, participants should ensure they take part at a level which is appropriate to them and their health and are responsible for ensuring they check the credentials and health and safety requirements for each activity. It is recommended that participants follow the Chief Medical Officers Guidelines for physical activity. Participants will choose to utilise these links and take part in activities at their own risk.
Being Active Virtual Sessions
The information contained on Charnwood Borough Council Sport & Active Recreation Social Media and Website has been provided by third parties (activity providers) independent of Charnwood Borough Council and lead data collection partners. It is the responsibility of each activity provider to ensure that information relating to their activity / facility remains up to date and accurate. Charnwood Borough Council and lead data collection partners accepts no liability for any illegality arising from error or omissions or inaccuracy in such material and take no responsibility for such material.
Before taking part in any activities listed here, Charnwood Borough Council and our partners strongly recommend that you make appropriate checks to ensure high quality provision and a safe environment is provided. Charnwood Borough Council and our partners accepts no liability (to the full extent permitted by law) for the quality of the activities provided. Whilst taking part in physical activity, participants should ensure they take part at a level which is appropriate to them and their health. It is recommended that participants follow the Chief Medical Officers Guidelines for physical activity. Participants will choose to utilise these links and take part in activities at their own risk.