Guided walks 2020
Guided Walks timetable w/c 7th and 14th December 2020
Click the image/s to show the full timetables
Gorse Covert walks
Guided walks are resuming post Lockdown 2 from w/c 7th December 2020. The walks format is the same as per pre-Lockdown 2, small groups observing social distancing with all places requiring pre-booking.
As Charnwood has moved into Tier 3 there is an extra restriction in relation to travel. For the time being the walks are only open to participants and volunteers within our Tier 3 area of Leicestershire.Please do not travel in to our Tier 3 area to participate in the walks if you live outside of Leicestershire.
We encourage you to join in, whilst asking that you respect the small set of rules in place to enable us to adhere to current Government guidelines and minimise the risks to yourself and our walk leaders.
Book walks online at here (* except Gorse Covert and Nordic walks)
We encourage you to book online where at all possible as this enables us to support more walks. But if you are unable to book online, or you need some help with online booking call us on 01509 63 4673. Please leave a voicemail messages if you can't get through and we will contact you back.
* Book walks at Gorse Covert call 01509 828 424.
* Nordic walks will return in the new year.
The differences in place for the time being:
* All places on the walks are for pre-booking only. This way we can ensure the group size doesn't exceed the Government guidelines and that we have the necessary details in case of the need to support a test and trace process. Anyone turning up to a walk who has not pre-booked will be turned away, sorry – this includes other members of your own household who have not had a place booked for them.
* Whilst Charnwood is within Tier 3 the walks are only open to residents of the Tier 3 area of Leicestershire.
* Booking for all walks except the weekly Gorse Covert Health walks is now online at https://charnwoodcouncil.bookinglive.com/guided-walks However, if you are unable to booking online, or need support call us on 01509 63 4673.
* Walks will be split into small groups of up to 12.
* The walk leaders are the same friendly volunteers who led walks prior to lockdown.
* Walks will be published fortnightly, keep checking these pages as new walks are being planned for late September onwards.
* You are welcome to book multiple walks at once.
* Routes will be similar, but may be slightly different to those you remember from pre-lockdown following. Please follow the guidance of the walk leaders.
* Access to toilets: Please see timetable for information.
* Once walks have finished please adhere to the Tier 3 guidelines in relation to mixing with people outside of our household https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-restriction-tiers-what-you-need-to-know#very-high-alert
* We recommend that you bring your own PPE. The walks will be adhering to social distancing. In general the routes will avoid touch points like gates and stiles, however these may be encountered, therefore we recommend bringing hand-sanitiser.
* Walk details will be published on our webpages here at walking , included in our email newsletters and posted on our Active Charnwood Facebook @ActiveCharnwood, Twitter @ActiveCharnwood and Instagram Active_Charnwood channels.
* The walks are organised following the guidance from the National Government and the Ramblers for 'outdoor physical activity events' and with permission from Charnwood Borough Council. Adaptions to minimise the risk of Covid-19 transmission include limiting group sizes, pre-booking and the requirement to respect social distancing. This is why we are currently permitted to walk in groups of more than 6.