Sports businesses and our universities – connecting to achieve growth
Posted: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 09:00
As part of the Leicester Business Festival, Loughborough University and Leicester-Shire and Rutland Sport are working together to give businesses in the sport, fitness, physical activity and leisure sector the chance to develop links with our local universities to enable business growth and development.
This is a chance to be inspired and connect with our universities and to broaden the extent of your offer, explore how you can link up with support around technology, data, accessing talent (under graduates and graduates) exploring research opportunities.
The extensive offer of all three universities includes:
- accessing talent through fieldwork, projects, placements and internships
- accessing support with data, innovation and research
- exploring Knowledge Transfer Partnerships and funding for research
Event: 'Realise the potential of your sporting business'
Date: Wednesday 31st October 2018
Venue: National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine, Loughborough University
Talks and speakers include:
· Welcome - Professor Andy Harland, Institute Director, Head of Sports Technology Research Group, Loughborough University
· Business of Sport Innovation, including examples of 'wearable technology' with Dr Dale Esliger, Deputy Associate Dean of Enterprise, Loughborough University
- 'Making the most of your data' a micro session with Dr Ayodeji Akinduko, University of Leicester
- Find out how your business could benefit from a 12 week Executive Company Projects with Kelly Grounds – Executive Company Project Officer
- Enterprise Collaboration with Loughborough University with Ben Cole – Stakeholder Development Manager (London) and Martin Foster – Applied Sport Management Lead (Loughborough)
- Tour of the National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine
Ali Clements, Economy and Sport Growth Manager at LRS says, "There should be something for businesses of all sizes at this event. Networking time is also included to provide the chance to connect with other businesses within the sports sector, or have individual conversations with each of the universities. Most of all this is an event to connect our extensive sector."
Chris Traill, Chair of the Culture Board with representation from across the Boroughs and Districts said: "We have exceptional talent and expertise in our 3 local universities and an enviable array of sporting businesses in Leicester and Leicestershire. The sector extends from our sporting venues, professional clubs, National Governing Bodies of Sport, to our Sport and Enterprise Zone, Sport Technology Companies; Sports, Fitness and Leisure clubs, retail, rental and manufacturing businesses. This event provides the opportunity for businesses to create partnerships with our local universities and drive business growth."
If you are part of this sector, come along, be inspired and realise the potential of your sporting business.
More information about this event here
Further information about the Business of Sport Network here