Leicester-Shire and Rutland Sport – Updated COVID-19 Statement
Posted: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 08:56
On 4th January 2021, the government announced a national lockdown and instructed people to stay at home to control the virus, protect the NHS and save lives.
The new restrictions will become law on Wednesday 6th January but we should follow them from today.
With this, there will be changes to what is allowed in relation to Sport & Physical Activity.
- People should minimise time spent outside their home. People can leave their home to exercise (not for the purpose of recreation of leisure). This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area. When around other people, individuals should stay two metres apart from anyone not in their household - meaning the people they live with - or their support bubble. Where this is not possible, stay 1 metre apart with extra precautions (e.g. wearing a face covering).
- You can exercise in a public outdoor place; by yourself, with the people you live with, with your support bubble (if you are legally permitted to form one), in a childcare bubble where providing childcare or when on your own, with 1 person from another household.
- Indoor facilities will remain closed
- Outdoor facilities such as tennis courts, golf courses and swimming pools, must also close
- Organised outdoor sport for disabled people is allowed to continue.
For further guidance please visit:
For Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, this means that we will be reviewing the delivery of a number of activities that we are responsible for delivering in the immediate future. We will continue to:
- Support people to be Healthy At Home through an online physical activity and wellbeing offer: www.lrsport.org/active-together and www.lrsport.org/healthyathome
- Support 'Sports Organisation' - Sole Traders, Businesses, Clubs and Organisations in the sector: www.lrsport.org/SOS
LRS is aware of the rapidly changing environment and will keep this decision under constant review as we continue monitor the latest advice from government and Public Health England and we will update our website on an ongoing basis.