Twilight Games - Low Intensity Games
Benefits of exercise for ageing adults include;
- Improves bone density, muscle mass and reduces the risk of falling or fracturing bones
- Reduces the risk of stroke, heart attack and other physical diseases
- Increases overall happiness and well-being
- Increases sociability confidence and independence
- Reduces the risk of developing Dementia and Alzheimer's
Keeping active whilst living in sheltered accommodation – Physical activity training for care workers, volunteers and community groups
The Charnwood Sports and Active Recreation Team in partnership with Leicester-shire and Rutland sport have devised an activity package to support carers/volunteers and activity coordinators to encourage residents to get more active.
The package includes chair based physical activity training and low intensity fun games, in addition opportunities for support with funding and development opportunities for staff.
Low intensity fun games cater for all abilities and include: Boccia, Seated Volleyball, Audio Basketball and Target Games.
For more information or to get involved contact Sam Chamberlain or Mathew Richardson on:
- Tel: 01509 632535
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org