Volunteering in sport isn't just about being a coach or an official - it can involve helping out at an event, organising a lunchtime running group, 5-a-side football league or even rounders in the park! Or perhaps use your IT, marketing, administration, fundraising and management skills to support clubs or just get involved to help and have fun.
Why should you volunteer?
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Give something back to the community and make a difference
- Gain experience, confidence and develop new skills
- Enhance your CV
- Volunteering may even lead to possible employment opportunities
- Build your confidence and self esteem
- Improve your physical and mental wellbeing
- Improve morale by bringing the community together socially
- Supporting people in communities that are in need
- Make a difference to other people's lives
- Continued support in delivering to the local community
- Fresh ways to deliver new services
What opportunities are available to me?
Below we have advertised some volunteering opportunities in Charnwood.
Alternatively you can get in touch with Voluntary Action LeicesterShire, who have experienced staff that can help and advise you.