Volunteering in sport isn't just about being a coach or an official - it can involve helping out at an event, organising a lunchtime running group, 5-a-side football league or even rounders in the park! Or perhaps use your IT, marketing, administration, fundraising and management skills to support clubs or just get involved to help and have fun.
Why should you volunteer?
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Give something back to the community and make a difference
- Gain experience, confidence and develop new skills
- Enhance your CV
- Volunteering may even lead to possible employment opportunities
- Build your confidence and self esteem
- Improve your physical and mental wellbeing
- Improve morale by bringing the community together socially
- Supporting people in communities that are in need
- Make a difference to other people's lives
- Continued support in delivering to the local community
- Fresh ways to deliver new services
What volunteering opportunities are available to me?
Molly's Gift Activity Volunteer Programme
Molly's Gift are a local charity which aims to support local disadvantaged children and young people in a number of ways.
They are delivering the Active Together and Sports Leaders UK 'Activity Volunteer Programme' to offer an opportunity for young people 13yrs+ to gain an insight into becoming an active volunteer within their local community, to increase confidence, knowledge & skills in becoming an Activity Leader.
Following the programme there will be an opportunity to volunteer with Molly's Gift at events and Holiday Programmes working with 5-11 years.
The programme is FREE and sessions will take place Saturday 20th Nov 9:30am-2pm and Wednesday 24th Nov 4:30-6:30pm at Sport Park, Loughborough University.
To gain a place you must book by 12th November 2021
For more information or to book a place, please visit: https://www.active-together.org/events/2021/11/mollys-gift-activity-volunteer-programme
Active Together's Volunteering Opportunities Search Engine
Search for volunteering opportunities across Charnwood and the wider Leicestershire and Rutland area using Active Together's search engine below.
If you have a volunteering opportunity that you would like listed, whether you're a sports club, facility or activity, create a free account with Active Together and add your opportunity.
Alternatively you can get in touch with Voluntary Action LeicesterShire, who have experienced staff that can help and advise you.