Poor employee health is estimated to costs businesses over £100billion per year. Regular physical activity helps to reduce the risk of many chronic conditions, including heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and cancer, impacts on depression and boosts well-being.
The Sport & Active Recreation team can support your workplace with events and activities to promote physical and mental health and wellbeing and get staff more active. We can support your staff in the following ways:
- Health checks – which can include body weight & composition, blood pressure and cholesterol
- Staff events – cycle safety and security, Dr Bike cycle mechanic, crime prevention, alcohol awareness, mental health awareness and healthy eating, weight-loss challenges
- Team building events - see workplace support events below
- Smoothie Bike Hire – hire of our pedal-powered smoothie maker and provision of ingredients
- Training – Workplace Champion and Walk Leader
- Networking events – the Walkie Talkie networking walks take place on the first Wednesday of each month in Bradgate Park. Employers and staff are welcome to join in this unique networking experience
Workplace support events
We have the following workplace events coming up:
Walkie Talkie networking events - The first Wednesday of every month
An informal and healthy take on networking. Featuring an hour walk through Bradgate Park, followed by the option to continue conversations in the park's café. These free walks take place from 8:30am - 10.30am. There is a parking charge of £3.50.